Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.creatorBarroca, Mário Jorgept_PT
dc.description.abstractMonographic study of a cross engraved in a rock located near the southern bank of the river Ave, at Lugar das Marcas (Lousado, Vila Nova de Famalicão). This is a huge cross, 1,5 m long, obeying a pre-romanesque typology. However, the author dates this cross to the early 12th century and links it to the Charter of Immunity ("carta de couto") of the Benedictine Monastery of Santo Tirso founded in 978. This charter was given by the Count Henry to Soeiro Mendes da Maia, in 1097. This noble man transmitted the charter to the monastery in 1098. The author presents numerous typological parallels for the cross, from the early 9th century to the middle 12th century, as well as several examples of Portuguese monastic charters of immunity that had their boundaries marked by crosses engraved on rocks.pt_PT
dc.relation.haspartEstudos em homenagem ao Professor Doutor José Marques, 2006, vol. 4, p. 137-160pt_PT
dc.subjectCouto de Santo Tirsopt_PT
dc.titleA Cruz do Lugar das Marcas (Lousado, Vila Nova de Famalicão) e o Couto do Mosteiro de Santo Tirsopt_PT
dc.typeCapítulo ou Parte de Livropt_PT
Appears in Collections:FLUP - Capítulo ou Parte de Livro

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
4913.pdf5.04 MBAdobe PDFThumbnail

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.