Utilize este identificador para referenciar este registo: http://hdl.handle.net/10216/9080
Autor/Produtor: Barroca, Mário Jorge
Título: A Cruz do Lugar das Marcas (Lousado, Vila Nova de Famalicão) e o Couto do Mosteiro de Santo Tirso
Data: 2014-01-24
Resumo: Monographic study of a cross engraved in a rock located near the southern bank of the river Ave, at Lugar das Marcas (Lousado, Vila Nova de Famalicão). This is a huge cross, 1,5 m long, obeying a pre-romanesque typology. However, the author dates this cross to the early 12th century and links it to the Charter of Immunity ("carta de couto") of the Benedictine Monastery of Santo Tirso founded in 978. This charter was given by the Count Henry to Soeiro Mendes da Maia, in 1097. This noble man transmitted the charter to the monastery in 1098. The author presents numerous typological parallels for the cross, from the early 9th century to the middle 12th century, as well as several examples of Portuguese monastic charters of immunity that had their boundaries marked by crosses engraved on rocks.
Assunto: Couto de Santo Tirso
ID Sistema: http://hdl.handle.net/10216/9080
Ligação ao Catálogo: http://aleph.letras.up.pt/F?func=find-b&find_code=SYS&request=000188699
Artigo/Capítulo/Suplemento: Estudos em homenagem ao Professor Doutor José Marques, 2006, vol. 4, p. 137-160
Tipo de Documento: Capítulo ou Parte de Livro
Condições de Acesso: openAccess
Aparece nas coleções:FLUP - Capítulo ou Parte de Livro

Ficheiros deste registo:
Ficheiro Descrição TamanhoFormato 
4913.pdf5.04 MBAdobe PDFThumbnail
Ver/Abrir


Todos os registos no repositório estão protegidos por leis de copyright, com todos os direitos reservados.